RE: x-windows

 http://cygwin.com/xfree/docs/ug/using.html#using-starting

Stuart

On Thu, Jun 27, 2002 at 08:36:43AM -0500, Henning, Brian wrote:
>hello-
>I have installed the XFree86 package for cygwin.  how to I start up X?
>i have tried 'xterm' 'startx' and i get nothing.  I found an xterm
>binary but when I start it up i get an error about setting the display.
>thanks,
>brian

redirected this message there.

cgf

Evolution is the investment banking and venture
capital industry's first choice for practical advice
on strategy, business process and the application of
advanced technology.

Evolution                Tel:     +44 (0) 20 7664 6640
Peninsular House         Fax:     +44 (0) 20 7664 6641
30-36 Monument Street
London EC3R 8LJ          URL: http://www.evolution.net
United Kingdom
The information in this Internet e-mail is confidential
and is intended solely for the addressee.  Access,
copying or re-use of information in it by anyone else
is unauthorised.  Any views or opinions presented are
solely those of the author and do not necessarily
represent those of Evolution or any of its affiliates.
If you are not the intended recipient please contact
Evolution, London, +44 (0) 20 7664 6640