Re: Can login with ssh but not with telnet

On Wed, 10 Jul 2002, Douglas Rudoff wrote:
> I can use ssh to remotely login to a W2K system, but when I try to
> telnet to the same machine with the same user id and password that I
> used for ssh it won't let me login with a "Login incorrect" message.

To update my own question:

I do have it working now. The problem was that for testing purposes I
was starting telnetd from the command line - and that's what didn't
work. Now that I set it up inetd, I can log in. I'm not sure why
starting from the command line wouldn't work, but as long as it works
from inetd that all I care about.

Doug Rudoff
dougrud@speakeasy.org