Re: cygwin cvs question

--- Joshua Daniel Franklin <joshuadfranklin@yahoo.com> wrote:
> OK for some reason I decided to update to the exp gcc-3.1.1-2 etc.
> (cygcheck
> attached)
> packages and then rebuild cygwin from CVS. Things seemed to be
> working fine other than more warnings than before from libiberty
> until make got to newlib/libc/search/Makefile, when it said no target
> for all. I looked and the Makefile was empty. The
> src/newlib/libc/Makefile.*
> files looked fine.
>
> So I thought what the heck, moved by src and bld trees and re-ran
> cvs co winsup. The build is running now and seems to be fine--it created
> newlib/libc/search/Makefile fine and has already made (make'd?) libc.a
> So my question is, did I need to do something other than just 'cvs
> update'
> to catch changes like that?

What happened was they modified the Makefile.in's/Makefile.am's so you
should rerun config.status in any of the directories you notice this
happening in.  For good mesure, I usually just wipe that particular
directory in my build tree when I notice a change in
Makefile.in/Makefile.am/configure.  The way it is supposed to work is that
make detects the change and will automatically rerun config.status.
Howerver this can hardly be depended on.

Cheers,
Nicholas