Re: problem with a ssh server under cygwin

On Wed, Jul 24, 2002 at 11:46:56AM +0200, Frank-Michael Moser wrote:

> > I have set up a ssh server under cygwin (WinXP). When i try to
> > connect with public key authentication from my linux box i get
> > this message from the ssh server:
> >
> > You are successfully logged in to this server!!!
> > d:\cygwin\bin\bash.exe: *** could not load wsock32, Win32 error 126
> > Connection to bigbad closed.
>
> I encountered exactly the same problem.

Please do the following:  Stop the sshd service and change the args
given to sshd to '-d'  (lower case d instead of the usual upper case D).
The start the service again and ssh to this machine.  The difference
now is, that you get a listing of the environment variables propagated
to the user shell.  Check especially if $PATH is valid and contains the
paths to the Windows and the Windows/system32 directory, both in such a
way that is matching the *system* mount table.  If you don't get a clue,
send the output of the environment vars together with the output of the
mount command to this list.  Don't forget to revert the -d option to -D
later.

Corinna

Red Hat, Inc.