Re: emacs install problem

Joe,

That was the point. The install completed without complaint, but seemed not to install anything.

Oh... Silly me... I've had horrible hardware problems of late. I just installed a new motherboard.

I suppose this mangled install could be a symptom of that. Perhaps it's best to ignore it unless others have the same symptom.

But still, that well-formed but "content-free" /etc/setup/emacs.lst.gz seems hard to explain as a hardware fault, doesn't it? I assume that those 20 bytes are the minimum gzip header and that if the file were truly malformed gzip would say so, correct?

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA