Re: Bug? Mixed CR/LF and LF line endings from different programs

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 09:21:10AM -0700, Shankar Unni wrote:
>Christopher Faylor wrote:
>>awk and sed open their standard input in textmode.  This is by design.
>
>Don't they open their stdout in textmode, then?  Otherwise they should
>have been "fixed up back" to \r\n when they wrote the lines out, no?

I think you can draw your own conclusions on what is happening pretty
easily.

I just wanted to make sure that people understand that the behavior is
not a random event.  It comes up from time to time here and I thought
that it bears repeating that both are working the way they are designed
to work.

cgf