Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated Cygwin Package: procmail-3.22-7

Jim,

On Thu, Aug 29, 2002 at 11:58:11PM +0100, Jim George wrote:
> At this point I logged in from another box on my network and this is
> where things got screwy.  In my console window everything showed as ..
>
> total 20
> -rwxrwxrwx    1 SYSTEM   SYSTEM          0 Aug 29 23:33 Administrator
>
> From my remote window (using rlogin from another cygwin box) the same
> files showed thus...
> total 20
>
> -rw-r--r--    1 Administ Administ        0 Aug 29 23:33 Administrator
>
> Notice anything strange?

Yes, it appears that ntsec is set when you login on the console but not
when you run under the LocalSystem account.  Does chown work when your
rlogin?

> Please can you tell me how I get myself out of this pickle?

How do you set your CYGWIN variable?  And, do you set it on a system or
per user basis?  I recommend setting it for the system via:

    Control Panel/System/Advanced/Environment Variables.../System variables

> I thought I would start from a level playing field so I removed all
> BOGUS files and restarted fetchmail as SYSTEM.  In these circumstances
> procmail (according to the manual) is supposed to wake up and create
> the correct filename (called $LOGNAME) with the correct permissions.
> However when I did an ls I noticed that the Administrator file was
> owned by SYSTEM.SYSTEM and the fetchmail log complained again about a
> BOGUS mail file.

BTW, the above works correctly for me.  This is how I created my root
mailbox in the first place.  procmail did not start to complain until I
intentionally whacked the permissions.

Jason