Re: Getting MAC address within C/C++-program in Windows2000

On Wed, Sep 11, 2002 at 09:52:04PM -0700, Samuel wrote:
> [...]

Is there some reason why you all are ignoring Corinna's message on how
to do this via Cygwin itself?  Theoretically, we've already done the
hard part.

I have always found this a particularly odd thing about mailing lists
and, particularly, about this mailing list.  Someone asks "How do I
do X?"  Someone else reponds "You do Y" and someone else responds
"I don't know, but maybe do Q"  Then the discussion careens around
trying to figure out how to make Q work, while ignoring the potentially
definitive "Y" answer.

It's entirely possible that there is a problem with Cygwin's interface
but I really don't understand why the focus shifted to using Windows
mechanisms when a potential actual cygwin solution exists.

cgf