Mutt editor

As I have mentioned before, I cannot persuade mutt to run in
rxvt or an xterm (in the former case the window simply goes
black, and iirc in the latter case it complains that it cannot
determine the screen size, they may be one and the same problem,
I don't know). Similarly, mutt and emacs don't want to live
together on my computer. All in all I wasn't so happy - the
normal terminal doesn't allow pasting (and jmacs doesn't seem to
be interested in marking, copying, and pasting text either),
which I find tiresome when editing emails.

A solution might be known by some of you for some or all of
these problems, but I just put together a very short script to
work around them. It is based on an excellent suggestion I saw
here for starting rxvt from a shortcut (thanks, whoever it
was!). Here is the script:
--begin--
#!/bin/bash

rxvt -name "joe" +ls -sr -sl 0 -tn rxvt -bg "#e0f0e0" -fg
"#000040" -cr midnightblue -fn "Lucida Console-14" -geometry
80x43+0+0  -backspacekey ^H -e jmacs $1
--end--
Simply change your editor setting in .muttrc to whatever you
call the script.

The only downside I have found is a small delay when finishing
the editing and returning to mutt.