postgresql + chown

Hello,
I am trying to install Postgres on a win2000 machine.

I am following the instractions at
:<http://www.ejip.net/faq/postgresql-7.1.3.README> for a NT services
installation. (cygwin is already installed ofcourse).

followed all the steps, but at step 6
6. Change ownership of the PostgreSQL data directory:
# chown postgres /usr/share/postgresql/data

But nothing happens. The owner of the directory ist the Administrator.

Then I tried to login as postgres:
# login postgres

But after I entered the password an error occurs: Login incorrect.

Following entry is in the /etc/passwd-file:
postgres:unused_by_net/2000/xp:1007:513:postgres,U-AAWRK020\postgres,S-xxBLA
xx:/home/postgres:/bin/bash
I changed it to
postgres::1007:513:postgres,U-AAWRK020\postgres,S-xxBLAxx:/home/postgres:/bi
n/bash
After I log in with
# login postgres
the following message appears:
No directory /home/postgres!
Logging in with home = "/".
Fanfare!!!
You are successfully logged in to this server!!!

But I can not change the owner of /usr/share/postgresql/data from
Administrator to postgres.
If I try to init the db, teh following message appears:
The files belonging to this database will be owned by user "Administrator".
This user must also own the server process
.
.
.

But the owner of all the files is the Administrator, even though I logged in
as postgres with no home-directory.

How to add a user with home-directory?
Or what else can I do?
Why is it not possible to change the owner of a directory, even if I am the
Administrator?

Best regards
Heinrich

Heinrich Retzlaw - Software Developer