Re: cvs executes illegal instructions

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002 15:10:44 -0700 Steve Kelem <s_kelem@pacbell.net> wrote:

> I'm running cvs 1.11 on Windows 2000, and the latest cygwin inside tcsh
> 6.11.00.
> If I run "cvs commit" from tcsh, it runs a bit, and then brings up a
> popup:
>
> 16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
> The NTVDM CPU has encountered an illegal instruction.
> CS:00cf IP:0514 OP:ff ff 00 00 98 Choose 'Close' to terminate the
> application.
>
> If I click on "Ignore", I get two more popups (clicking on "Ignore" each
> time),
> then I get the message:
> Log message unchanged or not specified
> a)bort, c)ontinue, e)dit, !)reuse this message unchanged for remaining
> dirs
> Action: (continue)
>
> So, cvs appears not to like not having a message specified ("-m" flag),
> but it's a rather rude way of telling me.

I wouldn't expect any Cygwin programs to invoke the "16 bit MS-DOS
Subsystem".  Please run "cygcheck -s" at the same command prompt as you are
running cvs from.  If none of that rings a bell for you, post it to the
list and maybe someone (probably not me) can spot your problem.  The output
from "which -a cvs" might also be interesting.

--
Mac :})
Ask Smarter: http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html