Re: [Proposal] Moving user mount information to HKLM

On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 06:49:00PM -0700, Doru Carastan wrote:
>This is totally great news. I don't monitor the deloper list but it is great
>to hear that my http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2002-02/msg00805.html
>suggestion is being considered. I am totally sorry about the fact that I
>couldn't get the time to work on it.

As I mentioned, in response to the above message, it's hardly a new idea.
The intent is not to magically allow two different versions of the DLL to
coexist.  I expect that, as time progresses, there will be more checks to
ensure that doesn't happen.  1.3.13 has new checks for this, in fact.

You don't install two versions of linux on your system and expect them to
interoperate at the same time.  Ditto, cygwin.