CVS, cygwin and DirectCD

Setup: Win XP, DirectCD, cywin, CVS.

My CVS repository is on CD-RW, which I access via DirectCD. This allows me to work efficiently both at home and at work; I just carry a CD and I don't depend on a network connection. Even if I forget the CD-RW, I still have CVS to reconcile later. This worked great when I was running on Win 2K, with DirectCD 3.05. I have recently upgraded to Win XP, and DirectCD 5.3. When I try to check in a file, I get:

aviatic> cvs commit -m '' index.xml
Checking in index.xml;
/cygdrive/e/cvsrepository/foo/index.xml,v <-- index.xml
cvs [commit aborted]: cannot rename file /cygdrive/e/cvsrepository/foo/,index.xml, to /cygdrive/e/cvsrepository/foo/index.xml,v: Permission denied
aviatic>

(The CD drive is of course on E: and my CVS repository is in cvsrepository). All other functions seem to ok, including moving files:

aviatic> cat > /cygdrive/e/foo
test
aviatic> ls /cygdrive/e
cvsrepository foo
aviatic> mv /cygdrive/e/foo /cygdrive/e/bar
aviatic> ls /cygdrive/e
bar cvsrepository
aviatic>

Of course, I suspect DirectCD to behave slightly differently from before, and CVS/cygwin to depend on that difference. I have not tried to ask Roxio, but I suspect it's not going to help much. Any suggestion from this group? Any suggestion on how to achieve the same goal (working at two places without depending on a network connection)?

By the way, cygwin is just great. Thank you very much to all involved in developing it.

Thanks in advance for any help,
Eric.