RE: Cygwin can't write to CIFS... but cmd.exe *can* (more)

...of course, when I do this (in either example), I have cd'd to the CIFS share (/cygdrive/w/ in both cases)

Also, the share is authenticated as a test account other than who I am in the shell (shell user=Administrator; CIFS authenticated as user 'foo').

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with my problem, but one would expect to be able to authenticate CIFS shares as other users (I even tried mapping the drive under plain Explorer).

What puzzles me is if I start cmd.exe as a subprocess of bash, the writes succeed.

-Scott