Re: Cygwin can't write to CIFS... but cmd.exe *can* (more)

There is loads of stuff in the list archives on this. If you have local user accounts on the Win machine (rather than domain accounts) and access using shares using the unix account then the UID/GID are different, you can set CYGWIN too some value - I think it is smbnontsec, someone can correct me if I cam wrong.

Using a different user for authentication on the samba share that the current user will work fine under win but because of the UID changes will not work under cygwin unless the smbnontsec is added to the CYGWIN enviroment variable.

A search of the archives will give you plenty more on this.

Donald.

Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

Scott,
I've had some trouble with file permissions on samba shares under Win2k.
Not anything as severe as yours, but the files created on a share didn't
inherit the world read permissions of the directories (and those couldn't
be set). I wonder if these are related?
Igor