Re: pasting clipboard always adds carriage return

f m <fma2000ca@yahoo.com> wrote around 14 Oct 2002
20021015035636.68599.qmail@web13708.mail.yahoo.com:">news:20021015035636.68599.qmail@web13708.mail.yahoo.com:

> I'm using cygwin-1.3.12-4 on WinME. I find that when I cut something
> from the cygwin window, it always has a carriage return at the end
> regardless of what application I paste it into.  This only happens for
> text copied to the clipboard from a cygwin window.  I have checked
> "Quick Edit" and unchecked "Fast Pasting".  I can't find anything
> about this in the FAQ, cygwin mailing list archive, or google.  Is
> there a way to prevent this?

I always see this also, on Win9x. WinME is descended from Win9x. That is,
IMHO, the nature of the problem: it is an artifact relating to the Windows
console in these M$ OSs. It isn't a "Cygwin problem" I think.

I've just learned to live with it. It isn't fixable by anything you can
check or uncheck in Windoze.

   HTH,
     Soren A

--