rebase of apache DLLS

Having looked at the recent discussion about rebase and apache and
having tried everything I can think of, I come to the list for the first
time...

I installed cygwin virgin from the web Monday on a newly reimaged Win XP
Professional machine.

I proceeded to run /usr/sbin/httpd in my usual way and got the infamous
"unable to remap ???.dll" messages

I looked at the mailing list and observed that I had what appeared to be
a known problem and tried to rebase my dlls

rebase ran way too fast for my liking so I tried the -v option

It says that every single .dll was skipped because "not rebaseable".

Obviously httpd ran the same after rebase didn't rebase anything as it
did before.

What should I try next?  I really don't understand the issues that
rebase addresses is there an explanation of what is going on here
somewhere?

Thanks,
J.J. Ekstrom