RE: cygwin cron

Thanks. I did look at the FAQ s'.  I haven't seen any of these specifics.

I'm trying to scp files through cygwin cron (running on windows 2000) to
Linux(redhat 72 kernal 2.4.7-10). And I'm running linux on pIII.

The open_ssh version on Linux is OpenSSH_2.9p2. And I run sshd on linux on
ports 9989 through 9999 (i'm not using the default port 22). The version on
Cygwin is OpenSSH_3.4p1. I don't think the problem is with ssh/scp. Because
it works fine on cygwin, and I'm able to scp files without giving
passphrases (but using dsa public/private keys). But scp itself is not
working through cygwin cron.

I have done the following to install and start:

$cygrunsrv -I cron -p /usr/sbin/cron -a -D
$cygrunsrv -S cron

Did the following on permission:
$ chmod 1777 /var/cron
$ chmod 1777 /var/cron/tabs

Cron is running : (see below)
$ ps -ef|grep cron
  SYSTEM     536    1336   ?  10:24:55 /usr/sbin/cron

Attaching the output for cygcheck -r -s -v

Please let me know if you need anything more.

Thanks,
Smithesh.