> Max Bowsher wrote:
>> Please keep replies on list.
>>
>> I'm not really clear on what the problem is - so here are some
>> thoughts that might help, but perhaps you could re-phrase exactly
>> what your problem is? Currently, I'm guessing that you want to be in
>> a position to reinstall Cygwin from your local disc, without a net
>> connection.

Michael D. Berger & Rosalie A. Clavez <mdberger@radix.net> wrote:
> What I want to achieve is indicated in the four sequential items
> listed above. Which of the four items needs clarification?

PLEASE KEEP REPLIES ON LIST.

I assume that in 1 & 2, what you are downloading and backing up is
setup.exe, setup.ini and package tarballs. The word 'complete' confuses me
though. It sounds as if you intend to throw away _all_ the downloaded
packages every time _one_ of them is updated.

Point 3 & 4: There really is no need to wipe and reinstall Cygwin. Just let
setup.exe update your install.

Max.