Re: Cannot compile my first Cygwin program

jblazi <jblazi@gmx.de> wrote:
> I am trying to compile my first cygwin application. Here is my
> command line:
>
> gcc -I /cygwin/usr/include/sys test.c -o test.exe
>
> and I get the error message
>
> gcc: installation problem, cannot exec 'cc1.plus': No such file or
> directory
>
> Can anybody help me?

You really don't give very much information. Plus, that isn't the exact
error message. Its always better to copy and paste than to retype.

The '-I /cygwin/usr/include/sys' option is very odd. You should remove it.

It's probably worth reinstalling the gcc package (Just click the twisty icon
in setup until it says Reinstall.) If that doesn't work, then here is how to
give some more information about the problem:

Send the output of the command "cygcheck -svr" to the list (in an
attachment, preferably). Also send the output of "ls -l
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/*". Hint: you can just do "ls -l
/usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/* > /dev/clipboard", and then hit paste in
your mail program.

Max.