Re: looking for script - make typescript of terminal session

Efi Fogel <efif@post.tau.ac.il> wrote in
3DB9A957.10802@post.tau.ac.il:">news:3DB9A957.10802@post.tau.ac.il:

> I'm looking for 'script', the utility that makes a typescript of
> everything printed on a terminal.
>
> I couldn't find it in any one of the cygwin packages. Have I missed it?

Yes, you did: not long ago, on Sept 27, a poster announced it:

   > From: Alan Evans <Alan_Evans@iwv.com>
   > Subject: Cygwin port of the Unix 'script' utility.
   > Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 11:01:06 - 0700

> Is it available somewhere else? Is there something similar?

Now you can build it yourself, but there are a few errors or omissions
in Alan's code and build instructions, which I haven't had time to
inform him of yet. Basically check to make sure you have the cygwin
inetutils package installed because parts of that are prerequisite for
'script'. Also look for #includes in the top of his C file that are not
needed. And so on.

I've used Alan's port a little and it seems to work perfectly, once I
had ironed out a couple of these build-time wrinkles. Thanks again,
Alan.

   HTH.
    Soren A