RE: Trouble with fresh install of Cygwin

Thanks to Joshua D. Franklin and Mark A. Harig for their prompt responses! Alas, not all is well:

> I can think of a couple of possibilities.
> What does the output of "mount" say? (/usr/bin should be mapped to /bin)
> Can you actually execute /usr/bin/groff.exe? (Permissions problem?)

"mount" gives:
Y:\bin\cygwin\usr\X11R6\lib\X11\fonts on /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts type user (binmode)
C:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type user (binmode)
C:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type user (binmode)
C:\cygwin on / type user (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type user (binmode,noumount)
g: on /cygdrive/g type user (binmode,noumount)
m: on /cygdrive/m type user (binmode,noumount)
t: on /cygdrive/t type user (binmode,noumount)
w: on /cygdrive/w type user (binmode,noumount)
x: on /cygdrive/x type user (binmode,noumount)
y: on /cygdrive/y type user (binmode,noumount)

I can call both groff and tbl from the command line, e.g.

"groff -h" or "tbl -h" give the respective usage info

> "info: dir: No such file or directory"

> This sounds like the /etc/postinstall/ stuff did not run correctly.
> Try 'sh /etc/postinstall/update-info-dir.sh" (that may not be the exact
> name of the script) and see if there are any errors.

The script was named "update-info-dir.sh.done", probably indicating it had been run. When I started it, it completed without any problems. info now works. Thanks!

But the other problem persists. Could it be something about permissions? I have installed cygwin as a non-admin user (I don't have admin rights on my working PC... it's a sad world).

Thanks & cheers

Kaspar Pflugshaupt