Is there a tool to use .dsp files for make?

Hello,

I appologize for the somewhat off topic post.  I have been using Cygwin
for my development on projects in the past.  On the projects in the past
we have had both .dsp files for programmers who use Visual Studio and
Makefiles for programmers who didn't.  Of course there was some occasional
grief when one of them got out of sync.  But on the new project the people
in charge have decided that we will only have .dsp files and everybody has
to use Visual Studio.

Does anyone know of a tool which can either just do what make does from a
.dsp file or convert a .dsp file to a makefile?  I have looked through the
.dsp files and it doesn't look horribly difficult, but then everything
looks easy until you actually try to do it ;)

Thanks
  -Scott