Re: Problem with function keys codes with vt100 emulation

Chris,

I'm still missing something.

Here's one line from my .inputrc:

"\M-[[A" "fg %1\C-M"

This does not interfere with up-arrow doing history selection. It does what I expect it to: Insert "fg %1<RETURN>".

Randall Schulz
Mountain View, CA USA

At 19:03 2002-11-06, you wrote:
On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 09:42:15PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
>On Wed, Nov 06, 2002 at 06:23:37PM -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
>>Chris,
>>
>>At 18:07 2002-11-06, you wrote:
>>>
>>>I will note that it is very weird that F1 - F4 in cygwin are generating
>>>the same sequences as up/down/left/right. Something is messed up
>>>somewhere, there.
>>
>>It would be weird if it were happening, but I have readline ("~/.inputrc")
>>mappings for all the Fn keys and "Insert" and "Delete" as well as the usual
>>pre-defined, built-in mappings for the arrow keys. Though I usually keep
>>NumLock engaged, the arrow keys on the number pad work fine when I
>>disengage it.
>
>But, if you type F1 while you are in /bin/sh, you'll see the cursor move
>up a line. That indicates that cygwin is mapping F1 to ^[[A, which is,
>AFAICT, incorrect. It probably *should* be mapping to ^[OP. And, F2
>should be ^[OQ, etc.

Nevermind. I see. That's the way linux does it. Seems odd to me. Why
map f1 to be the same as up arrow?

cgf