RE: Hello. (running programs as daemon)

>Hello. This is my first mail to the list.
Well, for starters, you'll need to put a better subject line on your posts.

You might want to peruse
http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html for additional tips.

>I have this problem...
>... it [Redir v.2.1] really works. but when i close my terminal the program

>does not remain on background as /usr/sbin/sshd does. I want my program
>to do as sshd.exe

inetd is the service listening for connections on sshd's behalf.  Have you
added an entry to your inetd.conf for your new daemon?

You have to have at least one service associated with your program for it to
run without a console window.

HTH,
Chris