Re: Trouble compiling e100 driver

Alixberry@aol.com <Alixberry@aol.com> wrote:

> Max,
>
> Thank you for your reply.

In general, it's best to keep replies on-list. Other people than the first
respondant may have helpful comments. Plus those of us who filter their
cygwin mail have an easier time.

> Maybe I didn't really explain the situation
> as clearly as I should have. Windows is the host environment for the
> cross development tool, BlueCat Linux. The target system that I am
> developing for will have Linux as the OS.

Suddenly things make a lot more sense.

> cat: /proc/version: No such file or directory

Odd. Is your version of Cygwin old? Attach the output of a full cygcheck
(cygcheck -s -r -v)

> Makefile:159: *** commands commence before first target. Stop.

Quite simply your Makefile contains invalid syntax - i.e. commands not
attached to a rule.

Max.