RE: gcc problem?

This is not a bug in Cygwin or Gcc.  Scanf("%s", ...) only reads from
the stdin if the input buffer is empty.  If you only enter a single word
on the first prompt, then it will wait for you to type the 2nd word.  If
Borland produces different results then maybe they are wrong (or simply
different).

-Rolf