This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Question about Cygwin license
- From: Corinna Vinschen <corinna-cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: "Cygwin at Cygwin dot Com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2002 12:05:21 +0100
- Subject: Re: Question about Cygwin license
- References: <LPEHIHGCJOAIPFLADJAHOELHDBAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Sun, Dec 01, 2002 at 10:22:01PM -0000, Chris January wrote:
> Can standard GPL v2 code be included in Cygwin?
No. It's incompatible with the Cygwin license.
> What if I look at how that code does something and then write my own
> implementation? What if the two implementations are very similar?
In theory, by looking into the sources you are tainted.
> What if I tell someone else on the mailing list how to do it?
Shouldn't be a problem. If that person then writes it's own
implementation, it's ok. A "howto" isn't code.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:email@example.com
Red Hat, Inc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html