This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ls.exe shows windows system hidden files
- From: Andrew DeFaria <ADeFaria at Salira dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2002 17:07:14 -0800
- Subject: Re: ls.exe shows windows system hidden files
- References: <265000-22002121221502035@M2W057.mail2web.com>
Personally I like the idea. It could be implemented as yet another
option that the user could choose to use but would be off by default.
After all ps has the -W option which is distinctly Windows only, no?
Try to remember that cygwin is a unix emulation layer for windows that
tries to emulate unix in as many respects as possible. To change the
ls source to accomadate for something windows uses to hide files,
sometimes unknown from its users, would not be unix like.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html