This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Named Sockets
- From: Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: Julian W H Osborne <josborne at imsmaxims dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 4 Dec 2002 16:07:04 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
- Subject: Re: Named Sockets
On Wed, 4 Dec 2002, Julian W H Osborne wrote:
JWHO> I've just ported a server app which uses named sockets to cygwin.
JWHO> Everything works fine within the cygwin environment.
JWHO> What I can't figure out is how
JWHO> to make a windows app access this named socket.
I assume by "named socket", you mean "unix domain socket" ?
IIRC, you simply can't get a non-Cygwin app to talk to a Cygwin unix
socket. They are just too alien to Windows, that Cygwin needs to mediate
both ends of the connection to get them to work.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html