This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: suitable cygwin subset question
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: <Fred_Smith at computrition dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2002 18:07:22 -0000
- Subject: Re: suitable cygwin subset question
- References: <85256C86.00612F9D.email@example.com>
Fred_Smith@computrition.com <Fred_Smith@computrition.com> wrote:
> So this all is a prelude to the question: What's the minimum subset of
> stuff I need to move, and is it necessary to actually run a cygwin
> installer (for registry setups, maybe???) or will simply putting
> files in the "right place" work?
Without registry entries, Cygwin won't know where / is - so the only paths
that will work are /cygdrive paths.
Installing a small set of packages with setup is probably the best option,
but if you really don't want to do that, 'mount' should enable you to set
the necessary info in the registry.
Quite how this could cause Oracle code to hang, though, I have no idea.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html