This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU emacs 21.2-9
- From: Joe Buehler <jbuehler at hekimian dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:52:01 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] GNU emacs 21.2-9
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
GNU emacs 21.2-9 is available.
- applied UNIX patch reported to help recent hang-related problems
- switch to built-in malloc (requested by emacs maintainers, supposedly will reduce
- numerous patches to LISP source for various features in common with Windows emacs
- complete recompile of all LISP files
The LISP patches have to do with conditionals that test the system type. I went
through all such and added cygwin to the places where it obviously belonged, such
as: ignore case when completing file names in shell mode, allow directory rename
to change case in dired mode, etc.
New users please be aware of a couple things:
- You will want "tty" included in your CYGWIN environment variable
setting, and probably "binmode". Look at the following for some
*** INFORMATION ON UPDATING CYGWIN ***
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
In the US,
is a reliable high bandwidth connection.
is usually pretty good.
In the UK,
is usually up-to-date within 48 hours.
If one of the above doesn't have the latest version of this package
then you can either wait for the site to be updated or find another
The setup.exe program will figure out what needs to be updated on your
system and will install newer packages automatically.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com . This includes ideas and comments
about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question, the Cygwin mailing list
is the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you have trouble, please use the resources at
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html