This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Cron Won't Run Jobs
- From: "Harig, Mark A." <maharig at idirect dot net>
- To: "Buck Turgidson" <jc_va at hotmail dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 13:53:57 -0500
- Subject: RE: Cron Won't Run Jobs
> I am not sure how to interpret this, but if you can tell me
> what I need to
> change, I'd appreciate it. This is getting me pretty frustrated...
> -rw-r----- 1 400 18 211 Dec 5 08:39
The '18' in your output is the group ownership number. As documented
in /usr/doc/Cygwin/cron.README, this needs to be set to '18' (which
should be the group number of SYSTEM in /etc/group). Your crontab's
permissions and ownerships are set correctly.
Try using a simpler crontab entry, for example:
* * * * * /usr/bin/date >> /tmp/date.txt
Delete all other lines in your crontab until you can get this entry
Make sure that cron has 'write' permission in /tmp, for example:
chmod 777 /tmp
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html