Re: ssh/telnet

Abraham Backus wrote:

Andrew,
I tried with sshd running as its own NT service, and again with it running
under inetd and my "last logged in" gets updated appropriately.

Cygwin DLL verion 1.3.17
openssh version 3.5p1-2
Windows 2000 SP2

Try updating your cygwin packages by running cygwin setup.exe and see if
that remedies your troubles.
I did this last night. I'm now on Cygwin 1.3.17 and have openssh 3.5p1-2. I run ssh as a service and am on Windows XP SP1. Still see Fri Aug 23rd as the last login date. Where is this last login date stored? How is it updated?

-Abe

"Andrew DeFaria" <ADeFaria@Salira.com> wrote in message

I have since turned off telnet and switched to ssh. I still get that
same line echoed out about when I last logged in. Cool, except it still
says Fri Aug 23th! IOW telnet somehow updated something so that that
last logged in date would be correct. Apparently ssh isn't updating
anything. Is this a bug? (Though admittedly a minor bug).