This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Cygwin question - hopefully a quickie
- From: Corneliu Rudeanu <rudy at viper dot iasi dot rdsnet dot ro>
- To: "Harter, Pete" <Pete dot Harter at itt dot com>
- Cc: "'cygwin at cygwin dot com'" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2002 22:01:38 +0200 (EET)
- Subject: Re: Cygwin question - hopefully a quickie
On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Harter, Pete wrote:
> I downloaded a version of Cygwin (can't remember the source; one of those
> from the http://www.cygwin.com/ <http://www.cygwin.com/> list) onto my new
> machine which uses Win 2000 Professional OS. I just now noticed that it
> doesn't recognize the "ex" (batch vi editor) command. I've used Cygwin
> (again, I don't know the source) before on the Win NT environment, and it
> recognized the "ex" command OK.
> What can I use as a substitute for the "ex" command?
ln -sf /usr/bin/vim.exe /usr/bin/ex
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html