This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: telnet - connection refused in windows xp home
- From: kumarchi at attbi dot com
- To: Andrew DeFaria <ADeFaria at Salira dot com>,cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 02:38:59 +0000
- Subject: Re: telnet - connection refused in windows xp home
That did the trick. Now the telnet etc works!
1. I added c:\cygwin\bin to the WINDOWS path
2. I also I modified the cygwin bash shell I prepended /usr/sbin.
> email@example.com wrote:
> > hello:
> > I finally see the Cygwin inetd under services. But when I try to start
> > it I
> > get the follwoing error
> > error 1053: the service did not respond to the start or control
> > request in a
> > timely fashion
> Have you tried adding your Cygwin bin (typically C:\Cygwin\bin) to the
> front of your Windows *SYSTEM* Environment Variables and rebooting?
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html