This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: problems with CPAN and cygwin >1.3.12
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Cc: JoNO ZzZ <jonozzz at yahoo dot com>
- Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2002 22:45:12 +0100
- Subject: Re: problems with CPAN and cygwin >1.3.12
- Organization: Esse keine toten Tiere
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <gp at familiehaase dot de>
Please keep replies to the list, others may help debugging your
> --- "Gerrit P. Haase" <email@example.com> wrote:
>> Hallo JoNO,
>> At first, make sure that in your Cygwin environment
>> are no
>> paths in PATH with spaces like this:
>> > /cygdrive/c/Program Files/SecureCRT 3.0
>> Then check the permissions on your executables:
>> $ ls -l /bin/perl
>> should look like this:
>> -rwxr-xr-x 1 gerrit Domänen- 14848 Dec 9 17:56 /bin/perl*
>> ^ ^^ ^^ ^
>> including at least the 'r-x' for all groups.
>> Also try to update the MakeMaker module to the
>> latest version,
>> like Soren suggested.
> Nope, it doesn't work.
> - my enviroment is ok
> - the perl's permissions are ok
> - I have updated ExtUtils::MakeMaker to the latest
> Note that i'm using: perl-5.8.0 + cygwin-1.3.17-1 +
> latest version of CPAN (1.63)
> if I replace the cygwin1.dll with the older version
> (1.3.12) ALL is OK! so there must be a problem with
> this version of cygwin.(?!)
> Please check again, or try to reproduce my enviroment
> Thanks. again
Ok. I'll test the next days.
Is the perl-5.8.0 you use from the original Cygwin netrelease
mirrors or did you compile it yourself?