This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Emacs: completion of buffer names ignores case
- From: letters at hotpop dot com (Jari Aalto+mail.emacs)
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 23:50:30 +0200
- Subject: Re: Emacs: completion of buffer names ignores case
- Keywords: names,case,buffer,shell,setq
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* 2002-12-12 Eric Hanchrow <email@example.com> list.cygwin
* Message-Id: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I'm using emacs-21.2-10.
> I frequently want to switch to the buffer named `*shell*', so I type
> *Shell Command Output* *shell*
> Now, I can understand that Emacs would ignore case when completing
> file names on Windows, since Windows itself doesn't distinguish file
> names by case. But since Emacs does distinguish buffer names by case,
> I expect it, when completing buffer names, to ignore a buffer whose
> name differs in case from what I've typed.
You may like package `ibuffer'
(global-set-key "\C-xb" 'iswitchb-buffer)
(autoload 'iswitchb-buffer "iswitchb" "" t)
(setq iswitchb-default-method 'always-frame)
(setq iswitchb-case nil)
(setq iswitchb-resize-minibuffer-mode nil)
Just type ANY characters you remember, and hit RET.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html