This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Slowness on app startup after recent update (and yes I read the FAQ) - Solution - kind of
- From: Ron Wood <rdwwdr at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 13 Dec 2002 15:14:06 -0800 (PST)
- Subject: Re: Slowness on app startup after recent update (and yes I read the FAQ) - Solution - kind of
That is it. My $HOME is set to '/'. If I change it to
something else things work as expected.
This opens up two questions,
1. Why is $HOME set to '/'? According to /etc/profile
it should be set to /home/RDW. id -un returns RDW. Not
sure why this is not setup correctly.
2. This was working fine before updating my cygwin
setup. My $HOME was set to '/' before and everything
I've hardcoded some things to get around this problem.
Not sure why this happened. I havn't changed anything
or have an unusual setup.
Thanks for all your help,
Do you Yahoo!?
Yahoo! Mail Plus - Powerful. Affordable. Sign up now.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html