From: Franklin gis86541@cis.nctu.edu.tw
Date: Wed, 18 Dec 2002 23:20:18 +0800
To: lhall@rfk.com, cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: Make caused invalid page fault in module KERNEL32.DLL

On Wed, 18 Dec 2002 09:55:07 -0500
"lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com" <lhall@pop.ma.ultranet.com> wrote:

> First, I'd direct you to http://cygwin.com/bugs.html.
>
> Second, it's clear you are not using gcc/binutils for your
> compiler/linker so you need to investigate and determine that
> the mixed environment that you're running in (Cygwin + other
> tools) is not causing conflicts.
>
> Third, you might try running make (assuming you're using Cygwin's
> make) with strace and see if that points out any internal problems.
>
> These recommendations are in order.  The first one is just a
> primer for the other two and helps your investigation.
>
> Larry

Hi, thank you for replying.

I was wondering why make would conflict with any other compiler.
Doesn't it just parse the contents of the Makefile file and call another
shell to execute the specified commands? ;-)

Well, I'll try your suggestions, and try to find out where the problem is.
Thank you very much.

Frank