This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: retval of pipelined cmd in bash
- From: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- To: "Soren A" <soren_andersen at fastmail dot fm>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 21 Dec 2002 00:30:57 -0000
- Subject: Re: retval of pipelined cmd in bash
- References: <Xns92EAAAF9FCFDBsorenagmaneSH@18.104.22.168>
Soren A <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Does anyone know how to do this -- how to pull out a return value
> from a command in the middle of a pipeline?
Bash has a builtin array variable PIPESTATUS.
There are also some horrible file descriptor manipulation recipes out there
for other shells, if you search.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html