This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: permission denied for NTFS network shares
- From: "Chris January" <chris at atomice dot net>
- To: "Genady Veytsman" <genadyv at mysticom dot com>
- Cc: "Cygwin at Cygwin dot Com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Dec 2002 10:59:27 -0000
- Subject: RE: permission denied for NTFS network shares
> Unix/Linux systems are much more secure then NT but they do allow RSH
> without password (using .rhosts).
> Are you saying that there is no way whatsoever to have RSH without
> passwords? I need it for running scripts/programs on different NT
> machines. Interactive behaviour (login/password) will not allow that
> since you can't hardcode your passwords in scripts.
AFAIK you'll need to supply a password at some point. You could try using
expect or something similar to pass the password through.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html