This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.18-1
- From: Christopher Faylor <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 25 Dec 2002 18:39:49 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.18-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I've made a new version of the Cygwin DLL and associated utilities
available for download. As usual, a list of what has changed is below.
To update your installation, click on the "Install Cygwin now" link on
the http://cygwin.com/ web page. This downloads setup.exe to your
system. Then, run setup and answer all of the questions.
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: firstname.lastname@example.org .
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe from the cygwin-announce mailing list, look
at the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
If you need more information on unsubscribing, start reading here:
Please read *all* of the information on unsubscribing that is available
starting at this URL.
Red Hat, Inc.
Changes since 1.3.17-1:
- Speed up pipe I/O in some cases. (Christopher Faylor)
- Avoid SEGV when inspecting command line, as in procps. (Christopher Faylor)
- Use inline asm functions for some primitive functions.
(Gary R. Van Sickle, Thomas Pfaff, Christopher Faylor)
- Fix memory leak in networking code. (Corinna Vinschen)
- Export strtof(). (Christopher Faylor)
- Implement service and protocol enumeration functions. (Craig McGeachie)
- Implement "pseudo reloc" code which now allows transparent linking of dlls
similar to UNIX. (Egor Duda)
- Many tty fixes to aid in buffer full and error conditions. (Steve O)
- Export pthread_getsequence_np. (Christopher Faylor)
- Improve ntsec: More robust passwd/grp routines, efficient sid
initialization, fix internationalization of seteuid.
Corinna Vinschen, Pierre Humblet)
- Fix problems opening directories which caused 'grep -r' to fail on
Windows 9x. (Pierre Humblet)
- Reduce timezone thrashing. (Pierre Humblet)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html