This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
tar wildcard problem
- From: "Wai-Yip Tung \(wtung\)" <wtung at cisco dot com>
- To: <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sun, 29 Dec 2002 11:54:51 -0800
- Subject: tar wildcard problem
- Reply-to: <wtung at cisco dot com>
I got some problem using tar.
* wildcard in -T doesn't work. If I include *.txt in the file list I got
tar: *.txt: Cannot stat: No such file or directory
However using *.txt in command line do work. Putting exact file name or
directory in the file list also works.
* wildcard in -X file doesn't work. However, if I use it in --exclude it
does work. Putting exact file name doesn't work either. So -X does
nothing for me.
The version information is
tar (GNU tar) 1.13.25
Copyright (C) 2001 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
This program comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute it under the terms of the GNU General Public
see the file named COPYING for details.
Written by John Gilmore and Jay Fenlason.
Hope you can give me some suggestion.
Wai yip Tung
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html