This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: upx-1.24-1
- From: Lapo Luchini <lapo at lapo dot it>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 09:05:24 -0500 (EST)
- Subject: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: upx-1.24-1
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
I have uploaded version 1.24-1 of the "Ultimate Packager for eXecutables".
UPX is a free, portable, extendable, high-performance executable packer
for several different executable formats. It achieves an excellent
compression ratio and offers very fast decompression. Your executables
suffer no memory overhead or other drawbacks.
UPX is copyrighted software distributed under the terms of the GNU
General Public License, with special exceptions granting the free usage
for commercial programs as stated in the UPX License Agreement.
UPX uses the NRV compression library for compression services. A
compatible but somewhat less efficient OpenSource implementation is
available through the UCL compression library.
UPX aims to be Commercial Quality Freeware.
This version uses the UCL library.
Changes in 1.24 (07 Nov 2002)
* INFO: http://upx.sourceforge.net is the permanent UPX home page
* djgpp2/coff: stricter check of the COFF header to work around a
problem with certain binutils versions
Changes in 1.23 (05 Sep 2002)
* atari/tos: fixed an unpacking problem where a buffer was too
small (introduced in 1.22)
* linux/386: don't give up too early if a single block turns out
to be incompressible
* documentation: added some quick tips how to achieve the best
compression ratio for the final release of your application
* fixed a rare situation where the exit code was not set correctly
Changes in 1.22 (27 Jun 2002)
* atari/tos: the stub now flushes the CPU cache to avoid
problems on 68030+ machines
* source code: additional compiler support for Borland C++ 5.5.1,
Digital Mars C++ 8.28 and Watcom C++ 11.0c
If you have questions or comments, please send them to the Cygwin
mailing list at: email@example.com . I would appreciate if you would
use this mailing list rather than emailing me directly. This includes
ideas and comments about the setup utility or Cygwin in general.
If you want to make a point or ask a question the Cygwin mailing list is
the appropriate place.
*** CYGWIN-ANNOUNCE UNSUBSCRIBE INFO ***
If you want to unsubscribe to the cygwin-announce mailing list, look at
the "List-Unsubscribe: " tag in the email header of this message.
Send email to the address specified there. It will be in the format:
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
firstname.lastname@example.org (PGP & X.509 keys available)
http://www.lapo.it (ICQ UIN: 529796)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html