This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: tar wildcard problem
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 18:19:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: tar wildcard problem
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Dec 30, 2002 at 11:34:37AM -0800, Wai-Yip Tung (wtung) wrote:
>I tried everything but non seems to work. This is my tar command:
> tar -T filename.txt -X xfilename.txt -cvWf $TAR_FILE
>And here is my exclude file xfilename.txt:
Have you tried this on linux? -T does not take files containing
Apparently -X should take patterns however, and that isn't working.
Patches gratefully accepted.
>I have a workaround that does work.
> EXCLUDE_OPT=`cat exclude_opt.txt`
> tar -T filename.txt -X xfilename.txt $EXCLUDE_OPT -cvWf $TAR_FILE
>This is my exclude_opt.txt file:
>But this is really not nice.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html