Re: Heads up: *possible* bug in cygwin

On Wed, 01 Jan 2003 18:39:08 -0500
Charles Wilson <cwilson@ece.gatech.edu> wrote:

> Steven O'Brien wrote:
> > My patch works around this problem by allocating a buffer of 1024
> > bytes for cygwin. I think I got this value by reading the cygwin dll
> > source to find a real upper bound, but it was a long time ago so
> > this needs checking.
>
> I saw this...it's probably a decent workaround, but hasn't yet been
> accepted into current glib source AFAICT --- glib-2.2.0 still uses a
> 64 byte buffer for reading pw entries.  But that's not where the
> segfault is happening in my case (as my earlier message showed).

Just to be clear, I did not see any failure in this function either. But
failures later (in gnome-vfs I think) were due to memory corruption
which went away when I increased this buffer to 1024 bytes.
Circumstantial evidence I know, but I raised this issue just in case it
helps with glib-2.0.x.

Steven