cygwin crashes when loading DLL

Hi,

 Wierd problem. Here's what's going on. I am
creating a .def and .a import lib using dlltool. But
when I run the program it crashes and generates this
output:

c:\cobol32\exedll\run.exe: *** cygheap version
mismatch detected - 0x615C0000/0x
EC0000.
You have multiple copies of cygwin1.dll on your
system.
Search for cygwin1.dll using the Windows
Start->Find/Search facility
and delete all but the most recent version.  The most
recent version *should*
reside in x:\cygwin\bin, where 'x' is the drive on
which you have
installed the cygwin distribution.

I did a search and I only have 1 cygwin1.dll, so that
is not the problem. I'm guessing there might be some
kind of conflict between the microsoft .DLL and
cygwin? Anyone know what could be wrong?=20

Thanks a lot guys,
-Rob B.