Re: Repost, different list...File::Spec, cygwin, Syntactic vs. Semantic path analysis

I'm sure that everyone in perl5-porters is sick of this discussion
(although I think I remember similar discussions from the days when I
was an occasional contributor) and so I apologize.

Let me make some points and then I'll shut up:

1) I'm the person who currently sets the direction of the cygwin
   project.  I'm also the primary technical contributor to cygwin
   and I have been for several years.  FWIW, I'm also sort of running
   sources.redhat.com these days.

2) I was wrong in some of my assertions of how cygwin handles paths.
   I won't go into details.  I should have checked more thoroughly and
   I apologize for contributing to confusion.  The next version of cygwin
   will match the table that I had sent in my previous email.

3) To mount a remote share, you do this:

    mount //remote/share/bob /whatever/bob

   To mount a local directory you do this:

    mount c:/hello/bob /hi/bob

   The second argument to mount can't start with two slashes.
   It doesn't have backslashes or colons.

That's it for me.
cgf
--