Re: Bash appears to have changed...

Thanks a lot Andrew, that's exactly what I needed.

The changes I am contemplating will fix the problem
in your situation.

FYI, it looks like you must be in the Administrators group
to run chmod -R and fix the permission display, but you already
have at least Windows RX permissions on the files (although
Cygwin doesn't know it).

Pierre